Monday, December 21, 2009

Homemade ornament exchange (second post)...


Here is Mr. Weasley...watching us decorate the tree.  I used to be so proud of him because he left the tree alone.  This year he sees the decorated tree as some sort of fancy display of new cat toys...when he thinks no one is looking, he likes to remove low hanging items and try to carry them off...bad kitty!  We had to get the squirt botle out again...sigh.  I think he understands now (or is patiently waiting for us to leave town in a couple of days).  Either way, ho-ho-ho!

This is a little Santa made by Ellen.  He has a hollow egg
for a head, and sports angora yarn trim. 

This is one of the cinnamon ornaments 
Barb F. made for me...they smell so good every
year when I hang them on the tree.
While talking about cinnamon, here is a cinnamon 
stick reindeer I made a few years ago.
A few years ago, I made several of these patchwork Christmas balls.

Here is one of my whimsical candy cane "William Tell" 
bears (he has a tiny apple on his head).

Here is a different kind of patchwork ball I made a few years ago.
This is a little hard to photograph, but it is what I like to call an "Alabama reindeer" - he is made by gluing two raw peanuts together, then embellishing.  One of my grandfathers used to grow peanuts.
Deb made this lace on her fancy machine and covered a ball with it, plus some crystals.
A Grandmother's flower garden ornament...
This little reindeer is made entirely of sticks...
I wrapped tiny little styrofoam structures 
to make little packages from Santa.
Here is a little lamb, right from the manger scene in Bethlehem.
Merry Christmas and a Happy 2010 to everyone!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours too.
    Great ornaments and the cat photo is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Mr. Weasley picture, too cute for words. All of your ornaments are just lovely.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. better late than never - wonderful pic of Santa Weasley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!