Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Local eye candy...The Batting Brigade Quilt Show


I was very happy last Friday to cross the Tennessee River into Florence to partake of the Batting Brigade Quilt Guild's show.

I totally underestimated how many beautiful quilts would be on display and did not take an extra battery for my camera.  I am so sorry to have missed taking pictures of some of the quilts...my apologies to those quilters!



This Alabama Quilt was made by the guild in the 1990's and has been displayed in Welcome Centers along many highways entering the state.


I loved seeing the peanut block...my mother's father was a gentleman peanut farmer near Goodwater, Alabama.

My new hometown of Tuscumbia, Alabama is the address of Helen Keller's home/museum, which is represented by the hand water pump.




I will let the quilts speak for themselves through the quilt labels. You will enjoy the homemade ribbons!












































































































































Uh-oh...worse than usual photography alert...this quilt was made by Betty Hughes.





























Made by Susan Manno...







Now, go finish something!
Teresa   :o)  

17 comments:

  1. love the antique baskets I haven't seen that one before. The pineapple quilt looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - lots of beautiful quilts - so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, this is a lot of inspiration! I love looking at quilts through your eyes. You do pick out some amazing things! I love the doilies for the quilt numbers and the hand made ribbons. Such a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a wonderful quilt show!! Thank you for sharing all these fantastic photos. I love the doilie # idea as well as the handmade ribbons - sharing those with our Empire Quest committee people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all look so pretty! Nice photos ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you try to take pictures of all or just your favorites? I find I take pictures of things I really like whether it be Pattern, color or quilting or if things I've not seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Teresa, Lots of beauty here. Thanks for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for those beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for those beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt show. I love those appliqué quilts. Cathy Franks, one of the long arm quilters lives here, and I have a quilt that she did for me a few years ago. Her work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Show!! How can you pick a favorite even!! I do like the Triple Irish Chain--- the colors just sing to me...and those pansies are beautiful...but as I said, all lovely works...Thank you for sharing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing the photos. Lots of lovely applique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the double handle basket quilt. Reminds me a little bit of an antique quilt I saw a few years ago. I have a picture of it somewhere on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for reporting on shows. I really enjoy the posts and forward them to my small quilt group. I especially appreciate this one because you showed, up close, quilting ideas for the Piece 'O Cake Flourishes pattern which rarely shows up anywhere. I need to quilt mine and am glad of the design ideas. ...arden

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Suzannah Strolls Around the Block" I'm really thrilled with this...anybody have the pattern or know where I can get one? Kitster54@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!